- Day School
- Parish School Religion (PSR)
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- HR Youth Ministry
From the Principal’s Desk
May 15, 2018
HOLY HAPPENINGS AT HOLY REDEEMER SCHOOL
* It is so hard to believe this school year is nearly complete. There has been much learning and growth this year. Both the students had staff have worked hard and have earned the summer break which begins next week. Before we leave we have a few days left to celebrate all of our accomplishments.
1. Monday, May 21, will be the Mystery Trip for our eighth graders.
2. Tuesday, May 22, 7th and 8th Grade Picnic at Blackburn Park. The eighth grade gives advice/guidance to the seventh grade as they “hand-over” the school to our new leaders.
3. Wednesday, May 23, Eighth grade Graduation at 6 p.m. in the Church. Kindergarten Graduation at 9:30 a.m. in the church.
4. Thursday, May 24, Field Day from 9:15-12:15 for grades 1-7.
5. Friday, May 25, last day of school. Please join us for our last All School Mass at 8:15 followed by our Awards Ceremony. Dismissal at 10 a.m.
*Final Speech Meet results:
Blue Ribbon in duets- Courtney Byrne and Clare Mank
Blue Ribbon in Serious- Molly Seeser
Trophy Winner in Humorous with 4 perfect scores- Elizabeth Guenther
* If you are interested in learning more about HR School or scheduling a tour, please contact the school office at 314-962-8989.
color=”red” target=”_self” size=”small” title=”Read More”]Read More[/button]
Holy Redeemer Parish School of Religion (grades 1-8) acts as a support for the students and families of the parish as they live out their Baptismal call and give witness to the Good News in word and deed. It is the desire of the program to incorporate the students and their families into the faith life of the parish community.
Thanks and happy day to all our dads on this weekend. We are honored to have you in our families and in our parish. May grace, peace and good health be yours today and in the days ahead.
And speaking of fathers, we have news of Fr. Tim Vowels. Fr. Vowels, a classmate and friend of mine, took up residence with us here at HR last July as he was recovering from surgery/treatment for throat and neck cancer. In that surgery he lost his voice box and vocal cords, so as he was joining us he was learning to talk through the manipulation of a tracheal device. After a time he was able to celebrate Mass with us occasionally on Sunday and through the week. In November a scan found a brain tumor that was treated successfully. Then in the new year doctors found spots on his lungs. Most recently scans have turned up still more tumors in the brain fluid and its lining. The prognosis, I’m afraid, is not good. There does not appear to be a treatment to deal effectively with this condition. So father won’t be returning to us here at HR but will continue in residence at Mother of Good Counsel Nursing home where he will be receiving palliative care. Even in the short time that he was with us we all came to love him and admire his spirit. Please continue to pray for him as he enters this next stage of his life here on this earth. I know he would appreciate just a note or a card, so if you have time to send one, his address at Mother of Good Counsel Nursing Home is 6825 Natural Bridge Road, STL, MO 63121. Or if you would prefer to drop it by the rectory or in the Sunday collection, I will be happy to carry it to him on one of my visits.