October 16, 2017
Holy Redeemer School Happenings
October 9, 2017
Holy Happenings at Holy Redeemer School
October 2, 2017
Holy Redeemer School Happenings
September 25, 2017
- A BIG thank you to all of our many parent volunteers who support us in the cafeteria, recess, classrooms, health room… A couple of weeks ago I mentioned in a letter that we had some openings for volunteers in these various areas. So many parents quickly responded and offered their help and assistance. We are so grateful for all the time and dedication you give to our school. Simply put…we would not be able to successfully run without all of you. We feel blessed and thankful! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
- The second through eighth grade students successfully completed the Iowa Assessments, and we will be expecting our results in 3-4 weeks. The results should be back before our first quarter parent/teacher conferences.
- The three year old preschool class is learning about apples. Through their learning centers they have tasted, painted, counted, graphed…apples. What a tasty little unit they have had!
- The Kindergarten class is learning about setting, characters, morals/lessons of the story through their study of fables. I was quite impressed about the detail they were able to discuss after listening to a story read orally. Way to go, Kindergarten!
- On September 25 the sixth grade class began small group discussion groups which will continue throughout the year. The small groups discuss topics which will help them be successful both academically and socially.
- The eighth grade has been working with the laws of physics. Through various experiments they have been testing and drawing conclusions about the interactions between force/pressure, mass, and temperature. In addition, they did a fine job of explaining it all to me.
- If you would like to learn more about Holy Redeemer School or schedule a tour, feel free to contact me at school: 314-962-8989
“May the Lord himself, who is our source of peace, give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
*Welcome back to another great year at Holy Redeemer School. We began this year with more students and families than last year. We have 240 students from 130 families while last year we had 236 students from 125 families. We feel blessed to have all of these wonderful students and families.
*Our virtue theme for the school year is “I will be a peacemaker today and every day.” We will concentrate our efforts and activities this year on the virtue of peace. We are hoping to have our t-shirts announcing our theme for September 21 which is International Day of Peace. Please join us in praying for and working towards peace.
*Our sixth graders just gave a presentation to Dr. Bob Oliveri, Associate Superintendent from the Catholic Education Office, and principal Pam Galluzzo addressing the questions, “Why is Social Studies important? and Why should we keep it in schools as its own subject?” The sixth graders did an amazing job! Their oral speaking skills were quite good, and their presentations were very thorough. Keep up the great work, Sixth Grade!
*On September 8 our fourth graders began an ECO ACT class which will run through the first semester. ECO ACT is an environmental leadership program sponsored by Missouri Botanical Gardens. Each week 3 Nerinx high school girls teach lessons on ecology and environmental science issues. Included in this outreach program is 2 field trips to the Litzsinger Road Ecology Center in Ladue.
As always I have an open door policy so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to stop by my office or give me a call at 314-962-8989.