The Haiti Parish Twinning Program Committee is a part of the Christian Service Committee at Holy Redeemer. For over 25 years, HR has been financially supporting its Twin Parish in St. Jean du Sud, Haiti. In 2003, the committee expanded its efforts to additional assistance to meet the needs of the parish through several programs.
This HR program operates in accordance with The Parish Twinning Program of the Americas. The PTPA was Co-founded in 1978 by Theresa Patterson and Harry Hosey, The Parish Twinning Program is a nonprofit organization focused on creating lasting sister parish relationships in the U.S. or Canada and Haiti or elsewhere. Harry Hosey believed that “if every parish in North America would adopt a parish in the Third World, then we would really begin to change the world”.
Holy Redeemer is one of 330 American parishes making Harry Hosey’s vision a reality.
Harry Hosey is the father of Barb Joern and the grandfather of Colleen Vetter, two members of the parish twinning committee at Holy Redeemer.
The mission of the Parish Twinning Program of the Americas (PTPA) is to serve those in need by:
- Developing and maintaining linkages of Catholic Parishes, institution, and individuals in North America with parishes and institutions in the Caribbean and Latin America
- Encouraging prayerful solidarity, empowering our sisters and brothers in the Caribbean and Latin America
- Providing resources and support in religious, educational, medical and economic areas
- Promoting awareness among Catholics of the injustices present and our gospel call to respond concretely
- Assisting North American parishes to develop models for outreach to their sister parishes. Additional information can be found at the web site www.parishprogram.org
Holy Redeemer Haiti Committee Mission Statement
We are dedicated to 1) establishing a supportive relationship between Holy Redeemer parish and our twin parish St. Jean du Sud, by providing assistance and support for their spiritual, financial, medical and educational needs, and 2) raising awareness of the plight of the Haitian people in general.