Code of Conduct for Players and Parents
Holy Redeemer Athletic Association is a parish organization. This organization is a club governed by the Holy Redeemer Athletic Association Officers and Board. As a club, your affiliation is subject to adhering to the Code of Conduct Rules (COC) which the board has set out for all parents, coaches, and players. You should be familiar with the COC rules for players, parents or coaches. Failure to
adhere to these rules will, at the discretion of the Board, result in the scheduling of a mandatory disciplinary hearing in front of the Board. Rulings made at the hearing, failure to appear at a hearing and/or a repeat offense may result in you and/or your child being removed from participating in this club.
ZERO TOLERNACE: Any player, parent or coach who conducts themselves in a manner found to be detrimental to the welfare of this club may be removed from participating in this club temporarily or permanently.
HRAA PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT-TO PARTICIAPTE IN HRAA AS A PLAYER, I AGREE TO:
- Show my coaches, opponents and teammates a high
level of respect at all times.
- Play and practice in this sport with energy
& enthusiasm but never in a dirty manner.
- Emphasize team success over individual
- Refrain from talking back or arguing with any
official or coach.
- Understand I am representing HRAA and as such,
my actions must be exemplary.
- Treat my teammates with respect and at no time
verbally, physically, or mentally abuse any other club member.
- Within 3 days of an occurrence, report to the
Board the circumstances involved, if I receive a game misconduct or a match
penalty at any CYC event.
HRAA Parent Code of Conduct-TO PARTICIPATE IN HRAA AS A PARENT, I AGREE TO:
- Follow the 24 hour rule. When I have an issue which needs to be
discussed with a coach, I agree to wait 24 hours after an event before
contacting that coach in person, by phone or by email.
- Refrain from criticizing the job done by the
officials and set an example of good sportsmanship for my child.
- Refrain from critizing the job done by the
- Avoid saying or doing anything which will hurt,
degrade, or insult any player.
- Be supportive of our teams and my child’s
teammates and encourage my child to follow the player code of conduct.
- Remember that the coaches are not babysitters.
Parents are ultimately responsible for the actions of their child while at
practice or any CYC or NON-CYC game.
- If I have a concern which I’m unable to resolve
with our coach (after observing the 24 hour rule) I’ll contact the appropriate member
of the HRAA.
- Within 3 days of the occurrence, report to the
Board the circumstances if I am ever asked by an official or other field personnel to leave any game at any
CYC/Non-CYC event due to my behavior.
Note: Coaches will sign and be subject to the guidelines detailed in the Coaches Code of Conduct form